FIRST FINANCIAL NW FOUNDATION FUND GRANTS
The FFNWF Board has voted NOT to hold a summer round of grants this year. Stay tuned. They may do a round in the fall. Thanks for your patience.
Two new funds were established in the latter part of 2013. The Norma Denzer Cugini Arts Fund was established by Ms. Cugini's children in honor of her tireless efforts to help establish and maintain the Renton Annual Art Show. Annual grants will fund cash awards to student winners and operations at the art show. The second fund, the Renton Senior Center Fund was established by an anonymous donor who loves to visit the Renton Senior Activity Center and wanted to honor the many volunteers who work there. Grants will go towards funding the annual volunteer recognition dinner and other volunteer activities.
$40,000 in SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!
This year, the board has approved $40,000 to be made available through a variety of scholarship funds, including:
- Helen Dyrdal Scholarship Fund (for graduates/undergraduates/tech. students)
- Dr. Dolores Gibbons Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Gary Kohlwes Scholarship Fund (for graduate students)
- Jeremy Gidlund Memorial Scholarship Fund (for special needs students)
- Betty Jacobsen Scholarship Fund
- Sue Carlson Scholarship Fund (for entrepreneurial women)
- Carl & Betty Rochet Scholarship Fund (for communications/journalism students)
Basic requirements are the same. Applicants must have graduated from a Renton high school or live within the Renton School District boundaries. They must be a U.S. citizen and be able to demonstrate a family income of $50,000 or below for 2013. Please click on the "Scholarships" button to access the Application and Guidelines. Deadline for completed applications is 5:00 p.m. on April 15, 2014.