ESTABLISH A CHARITABLE FUND
It’s easy to establish a fund. A minimum of $10,000 (or the equivalent) is required to start. Just contact our Executive Director and explain what you have in mind. Here are some things to consider when establishing a fund.
SEVEN EASY STEPS TO ESTABLISH YOUR FUND
- Review our fund agreement with your family and legal advisor(s).
- Decide what you will name the fund.
- Decide if you wish to retain the right to recommend to the board how grants are made.
- Decide what the purpose of the fund will be.
- Decide if you wish the fund to be an endowment (spending only earned income).
- Decide what assets you will use to establish the fund (cash, securities, property). If you wish to donate stock, please see our Procedures for Donating Stock.
- Call the foundation executive director to make an appointment.
Once assets have been
transferred to the Foundation, your fund is official and will take its place
among our family of funds.
Read the definition of funds below to help clarify which type of fund you wish to establish. Then, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (425)282-5199) for more information or to schedule an appointment.